Donald Wiley has specialized in civil litigation of all kinds since graduating from law school in 1984.
Don was born in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, and grew up in Ridgewood, N.J., a suburb of New York City. He attended Grove City (PA.) College, and graduated 6th in his class from the University of Akron School of Law, where he was a published member of Law Review. He teaches continuing legal education seminars regarding ethics, technology, and the trial of civil lawsuits. He has served as prosecuting attorney for the Stark County Bar Association's Grievance Committee. He is an active member of the Stark County, Ohio State and American Bar Associations, as well as the Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys.
Don is the proud father of three sons. He has been active in the community as a member of the North Canton Board of Zoning Appeals, and is a former City Councilman. He is a former member of the Board of Trustees of the Stark County Bar Association, where he is also the current Chair of the Technology Committee and a member of the Bar Admissions Committee. A youth football and baseball coach for over 12 years, Don has also chaired the Finance and Missions Committees of his local church. He has been awarded recognition as North Canton's Community Volunteer of the year. Don is now a resident of Hudson, Ohio, where he is actively and happily involved in the lives of his four step children, and where he is involved with many other community, church, and youth related activities.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Ohio, 1984
- Pennsylvania, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1993
- U.S. Federal Court, 1984
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1984
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Graduated 6th in his class
- Grove City College, Grove City, Pennsylvania
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1981
- Intentional Torts University of Akron Law Review, 1984
- American States Insurance Co.
- Ohio Casualty Insurance Co.
- Lecturer, Continuing Legal Education seminars regarding Ethics, Technology, and the Trial of Civil Lawsuit
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in Best Lawyers in Akron
- Who’s Who Among American Lawyers
- Awarded recognition as North Canton’s Community Volunteer of the year
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Stark County Bar Association’s Grievance Committee, Prosecuting Attorney
- Stark County ar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys, Member
- Stark County Bar Association, Former Member, Board of Trustees
- Stark County Bar Association, Technology Committee, Chai, Present
- Stark County Bar Association, Bar Admissions Committe, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, North Canton Board of Zoning Appeals
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Epsilon Pi